Monday 28 October 2013

Cupcake Decorating Course

I am useless at decorating cupcakes and my piping is shocking - looks like a child crayoning with their left hand! So when I saw this course advertised in one of my favourite cake shops Sweet As.. in Leamington I signed up immediately.
it was a one of course on a Saturday afternoon in a hotel in Warwick. The course promised to show us how to decorate cupcakes in four different ways. It was hosted by the owner Jenny , she demonstrated four different techniques using buttercream, fondant, marshmallows and lots of glitter! She of course made it look so easy as she is a professional ! It was then our turn, there were about 20 of us and we worked on large round tables, I was quite pleased as I went on my own and everyone else was part of a group so it was fun to work together. My piping is still terrible and I am slightly disappointed that this wasn't covered as much as I thought it would be but I still had a fun time.
We decorated 6 cupcakes and got to take them home in a lovely presentation box.

This is our table full of buttercream, tools and glitter....
 
The marshmallow flowers with glitter were my favourite ones to make - they are simple but pleasing decoration and I will definitely do these again. Love the glitter!!

  


As you can see I got a bit carried away with the photos!

My rose made of fondant was also a good one , slightly trickier but you can hide a lot of it in the butter cream.


The other 2 were a bit of a Disaaaasterrr Darling and I do need a lot more practice of these ones!

After all the hard work of decoration we were treated to coffee and some of the gorgeous cakes that they make in the shop

 
And this is how cupcakes should be piped! They make it look so easy!
 
 
And this is the finished box of delights... afterwards I was in a shop and someone commented on how pretty and professional they were.. I was so pleased... glad they didn't look too closely!
I would love to do another of their courses... mmm thinking of the chocolate one....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment