Sunday 7 December 2014

Good excuse for not blogging!

Hello - I have yet again been neglecting my little blog project but have a fab excuse as always and this time it is the birth of my son Henry - He was born on the 13th October and I am only just coming up for air and have today found some free time to have a little blog - Both Molly and Henry are asleep which is very rare! So I have been busy in the kitchen and made some festive mince pies and Parsnip, Leek and Chestnut soup.


Mincemeat Scones

This is the link for the scones from Lavender and Loveage very easy and delicious to make - perfect to whip up a batch when relatives drop round as they did this morning and I realised that there was no cake in the house (disaster!!). Have frozen some of them in case we get any more visitors!

I haven't got a photo of the soup as it doesn't look that delicious but I had a little taste and its gorgeous - will be a lovely festive warming treat! It was basically bits of veg that I had left over and a tin of chestnut pureee that I have had in the cupboard for a while - have some left over that I am not sure what I am going to do with - any suggestions?

I am now sat in the lounge with the christmas tree lights twinkling and a gorgeous aroma of a Festive Cheer candle   - the smell is divine , spicy and warming and makes you smile, I have had this tin for a couple of years it doesn't seem to ever reduce in size - I love all of the Lily Flame candles - they retain their smells beautifully..

I shall leave you with a couple of photos of my little monkeys in the same outfits but different years......
Molly



Henry

No comments:

Post a Comment